About This Certificate
The ESL + Music program is designed to help students develop their English language skills before beginning a degree or diploma program at Mannes School of Music. Students study music with members of the Mannes faculty while improving their English language skills in order to qualify for degree programs.
Total Courses: 4 required courses plus minimum of 7 private lessons
Price: Tuition is charged per course and varies by semester. Most students take one or two semesters of ESL + Music before beginning their degree.
ESL + Music is one of four flexible pre-enrollment programs for international and multilingual students who need to improve their English language skills in order to be admitted to an academic degree program in the United States.
What You’ll Gain
- Skills in English language speaking, reading, and writing
- Music-related vocabulary and reading activities
How You’ll Learn
- Mixture of synchronous and asynchronous classes online each week
- Individualized feedback on your speaking, listening, reading, writing, and grammar
- Video conferences one-on-one or in small groups
- Communication with your teachers throughout the course when you need help or have a question
Who Should Enroll
- International and multilingual students who wish to pursue a degree or diploma program at Mannes School of Music