About This Certificate
"Good architecture poorly lit is poor architecture." Those are the words of a famous architecture critic, and they apply to almost any type of environment. We need light to see well enough to perform functions and activities and to render the architecture of the environment. This certificate program is focused on creating a foundation for designing successful lighting by helping you understand light and human vision, lighting technologies and performance, lighting design as a discipline, and the impact of light on an environment.
Total Courses: 3 courses
Time Commitment: Students typically complete this certificate in four months.
Price: $1,485 per certificate bundle (see terms)
($1,650 if courses are purchased individually. Tuition rates are subject to change over the course of your program.)
What You’ll Gain
- An understanding of basic concepts of the science of light and vision
- Foundational knowledge of basic lighting technologies (lamps, luminaires)
- The ability to carry out fundamental analyses of lighting systems and create lighting layouts
- The ability to apply basic assessment of installed lighting systems
- A sense for the balance between design and technology in lighting design
How You’ll Learn
- Engaging video lectures and interviews with industry experts
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their fields
- Online collaboration and video conferencing
- Project-based learning focused on developing real-world skills and portfolio assets
Who Should Enroll
- Architects, interior designers, engineers, contractors, decorators, electrical distributors, and sales agents
What You’ll Earn
After completing the certificate requirements, you will be able to download and print a copy of your certificate and share it with your network. Your personal certificate will be accessible from your Student Portal.