About This Certificate
Write a story for the big screen. Through a core sequence of screenwriting courses, students are guided in writing a full-length motion picture script, focusing on story, theme, character, action, dialogue, and visuals.
This certificate is offered through The School of Media Studies at The New School.
Total Courses: 6
Price: $890 per course; $5,340 total
What You’ll Gain
- The ability to engage in in-depth analysis of screenplays’ storylines, characters, dialogue, images, and storytelling themes
- Instruction in the theory, form, and craft of writing for film, television, or online narrative media
- The opportunity to complete a professional-quality screenplay
How You’ll Learn
- Exclusive insider insights on the film industry from faculty practitioners
- Public presentations and mentored project development and production
- Opportunities to engage in programs with local film institutions, centers, and festivals
Who Should Enroll
- Anyone who aspires to complete a professional-quality screenplay, including people with or without college degrees and current undergraduate students