About This Certificate
This program introduces best practices for fashion business, providing you with concrete and theoretical foundations for industry or an entrepreneurial career. Courses survey fashion history and recent developments in merchandising and retail buying. They also examine ongoing changes in global marketing and provide firsthand experience in the New York fashion industry.
Total Courses: 6 required courses plus minimum of 2 electives
Tuition rates are subject to change over the course of your program.
What You’ll Gain
- The terminology and leadership skills needed for communication between vendors, suppliers, and producers
- Knowledge of forecasting and buying planning processes
- An understanding of the process of product development in a global marketplace
- Demographic and psychographic analysis tools for identifying customers and social media marketing tools for attracting and retaining customers
How You’ll Learn
- Engaging video lectures and interviews with industry experts
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their fields
- Online collaboration and video conferencing
- Project-based learning focused on developing real-world skills and portfolio assets
- The ability to review course content and complete assignments at any time
Who Should Enroll
- Anyone interested in the marketing, merchandising, and retailing of fashion, fashion history, or the globalization of fashion
- Fashion professionals who want to master best practices
- Independent designers pursuing entrepreneurship or creative partnerships
What You’ll Earn
After completing the certificate requirements, you will be able to download and print a copy of your certificate and share it with your network. Your personal certificate will be accessible from your Student Portal.