About This Certificate
This program covers best practices for fashion business, providing you with concrete and theoretical foundations to work in the industry or start an entrepreneurial career. Courses survey fashion history and recent developments and trends in consumer behavior, merchandising, and fashion buying. They also examine the evolving marketing landscape for fashion brands and businesses on a global scale.
merchandising retail buying global fashion marketing leadership forecasting psycholographic analysis social media marketing consumer behavior textile terminology textile terminology fabric sourcing
What You’ll Gain
- The terminology and leadership skills needed for communication between vendors, suppliers, and producers
- Knowledge of forecasting and buying planning processes
- An understanding of the process of product development in a global marketplace
- Demographic and psychographic analysis tools for identifying customers and social media marketing tools for attracting and retaining customers
What You’ll Earn
After completing the certificate requirements, you will be able to download and print a copy of your certificate and share it with your network. Your personal certificate will be accessible from your Student Portal.
Who Should Enroll
- Anyone interested in the marketing, merchandising, and retailing of fashion, fashion history, or the globalization of fashion
- Fashion professionals who want to master best practices
- Independent designers pursuing entrepreneurship or creative partnerships
How You’ll Learn
- Engaging video lectures and interviews with industry experts
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their fields
- Online collaboration in small classes, supported by video conferencing
- Project-based learning focused on developing real-world skills and portfolio assets
Why The New School?
The professional landscape as we've known it has changed dramatically, and ongoing learning is more important now than ever before. At The New School, we champion every student's creativity and growth. By combining integrated disciplines with collaborative problem solving, we deliver an immersive, transformative learning experience. With the leadership of Parsons School of Design—a globally top-ranked design school—our faculty imparts the critical expertise students need to advance their careers or pivot to a new one in a constantly evolving world.
Begin by completing one of the required courses. This certificate must be completed within two years. Have questions? Call us at 332.239.2292, email email@example.com, or reach out to us via LiveChat.
Below is a suggested order, though the required courses may be completed in any order.
Influencer Marketing and Celebrity Relations
Fashion Industry Profile: NYC
Design Sketching 1
Construction Techniques 1
Construction Techniques 2