Following on from the previous course, in this fourth course of the certificate students will learn how to create tangible ideas from material gathered during research and to bring these ideas to live. The class will follow on with the testing of the ideas so that these ideas can be implemented. This course specifically focuses on helping students design without any prior visual design skills and to validate the designs through testing with a small set of respondents.
Some of the questions that will be explored in this course would be:
- How important is the act of design in design thinking?
- Isn’t design thinking more focused on a way of creative problem solving rather than actual design?
- How can I design if I am not trained as a designer?
- Who am I designing for?
- How can design be effectively validated?
- How to put together tangible ideas that will bring design strategies to life
- How to design without prior visual design skills
- How to test ideas your designs to ensure success during implementation
- How to use the results to create a set of recommendations that will help to put an organization on the path to implementation of new ideas
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Design Thinking in Practice Certificate : Required Courses