Course DescriptionBuild and organize your portfolio for college admission through rigorous assignments and critiques in this hands-on live session online design studio. Learn how to reproduce your work in digital media, an application requirement at many art schools. This section is dedicated to those students who wish to focus on graphic, fashion, product, and other areas of design. Through skill-building exercises, experimentation, and research-based projects, students develop a personal vision and learn what is expected in a portfolio. Digital workshops inform students about best practices for documenting and presenting finished projects. Students gain skills in communicating about their work in group discussions and learn to offer feedback to peers through critique. This course requires access to an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription (not included). Prerequisite: art and design experience.
Learner OutcomesBy the successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Gain experience with the design process including research, ideation, iteration, prototyping, executing, revising, and reflecting.
- Develop self-generated concepts in detail through the media of their choice
- Improve fluency in formal design language.
- Participate in a constructive dialogue about work and the work of peers.
- Explore ways of expressing personal voice through the process of generating work for, editing, curating, and reflecting on a portfolio.
- Understand how to document work digitally through a wide range of techniques.
- Show an understanding of the virtual art/design studio environment and practice by participating in a variety of synchronous (real-time interaction) activities including lectures, demos, and discussions; individual and collaborative exercises and projects; and self and peer critiques.