Course DescriptionThe needs of online learners and faculty are unique. These needs become even more relevant when the next-generation learners are technology centered and have certain expectations about online learning. Organizations must now adapt to these needs by building flexible online learning support systems that can evolve in design and management. This course focuses on a wide range of management methods for online learning support units, including choosing personnel and evaluating educational technology. The goal for students is to create a plan incorporating elements including recruitment, marketing, student services, faculty pedagogy and technology training, and other research.
- Understand the changing landscape, and expectations of online learning.
- Recognize that online learning support requires astute implementation of effective management, skills and support systems.
- Identify the support systems, both technological and personnel, needed to service online learners.
- Compare the various online learning support units, learning formats and management structures.
- Evaluate and recommend best practices for purchasing and implementing educational technology.
- Identify and apply an online learning management structure to your organization, that best meets your needs.