Course DescriptionThis course prepares you to design, develop, and teach online courses. Topics covered include the application of learning theory to online instruction, online course content development, and strategies for effective online curriculum planning and delivery. Learn how to define the characteristics and needs of online learners, ways to meet these needs through online instruction, and the differences between online and on-campus courses with respect to class participation, interaction, course materials, and the instructor’s involvement. Reinforce your skills by designing and delivering an online instructional unit in the academic or business environment.
- Recognize your own learning preferences and your teaching style
- Analyze the student learning requirements.
- Identify the optimal delivery format for curating online learning
- Apply the standards for online course design
- Build and assess online instructional units