Course DescriptionVisualize your dream kitchen and bathroom, then piece it together without bumping your head on the range hood. This class explores basic planning and layout; selection of materials, cabinets, and appliances; essential services; ventilation; lighting; conveying a design idea; and evaluating the existing setup for remodeling.nShort assignments and final projects help you tackle practical realities.Prerequisite: Basic Drafting or equivalent experience
- The client’s interview and needs assessment, goals and objectives for the project
- To survey the existing space and evaluate and consider space restrictions: structural components, plumbing, electric, HVAC
- To layout these spaces
- The selection of materials, fixtures, appliances and storage options
- Understanding user’s impact.
- Understanding space constraints and basic services restrictions in a real remodeling situation.
- Using creative judgment in constructing arrangements to fit new design situation.
- Developing systematic approach to researching proper materials.
- Using analytical abilities to derive with dimensions, materials quantities and specifications.
- Selecting appropriate presentation tools.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Interior Design Certificate : Electives