Course DescriptionLearn the fundamentals of design room patternmaking using basic body slopers. Becomenfamiliar with all areas of basic styling, including body slopers, skirts, bodices, collars, sleeves, and dresses. Develop paper patterns and make a fabric sample that demonstrates proper fit. Prerequisites: none.
- Drafting a bodice and skirt sloper.
- Manipulations for the skirt: creating the A-line skirt
- Seam allowances and notches.
- Slash and spread pattern making.
- Drafting the basic bodice sloper/front and back.
- Dart manipulation and princess-lines.
- Correcting patterns.
- How to check the fit of your drafted pieces and make necessary adjustments.
- Drafting a basic sleeve.
- How to draft necklines, yokes, button extensions and facings.
- Speak and understand the visual and verbal vocabulary of flat patternmaking/drafting
- Recognize the basic sloper set , labeling and markings for paper patterns
- Test the sloper set out in muslin, create an original variation
- Learn the fundamental manipulations: style lines, flares, facings, gathers, pleats, hem, collars
- Understand body measurements
- Use of design room tools
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Fashion Business Certificate : Elective Courses