Course DescriptionLearn to sew simple garments using industrial equipment. Acquire the basic skills of cutting, construction, and finishing using a commercial pattern. Learn about fabric selection and practice hand sewing techniques. You will need a home sewing machine to complete homework assignments. Prerequisites: none.
- Learn and experience the basics of design and construction of apparel
- Be introduced to the language and correct use of tools for sewing
- Learn to use the sewing machine and iron.
- Become familiar with seam and hem finishes and the reason for their use
- Know the difference between Patternmaking and Draping
- Be able to use a sewing machine and iron
- Apply your knowledge toward the development of original designs in fashion
- Gain exposure to a variety of methods and practices, crucial for your success in the art of sewing
- Begin to develop proficiency in sewing apparel
- Improve your critical thinking in regards to apparel construction
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Fashion Business Certificate : Elective Courses