Course DescriptionA beginning drawing course for those seeking an immersive experience in drawing instruction. This studio course emphasizes seeing form through the use of light and shadow, texture, line, and color. We discuss drawing materials, form, line, and shading. By creating drawings of still lifes and live models, students learn the techniques of perspective, foreshortening, gesture, portraiture, and the representation of drapery.
- To enhance observation, visual analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- To develop technical proficiency in drawing and painting.
- To engage in the process of learning to understand the representation in art critically and in context.
- To initiate the use of drawing as a means of personal artistic expression.
- Understand the interaction of light with form and to use it in drawing and painting.
- Apply concepts of perspective in drawing of geometric forms, objects and architectural elements.
- Attain basic understanding of the main elements of human body and how they interact and use that knowledge to draw and paint the figure.
- Understanding drawing materials.
- Conceptualize and complete an independent drawing.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Fine Arts Certificate : Required Core Courses