About This Certificate
The Fine Arts Certificate is not currently available. You may enroll in Color Theory or elective Illustration courses as individual online fine arts courses. Sign up to receive emails and you will be notified when the Fine Art Certificate is fully available with on-campus course options.
Develop a fine art foundation that opens doors to self-expression and helps you refine your vision as a visual artist. Beginning artists and illustrators are introduced to the essential tools and concepts underpinning the making of historical and contemporary art; more experienced students can develop their practice in advanced courses like Painting II or Project Studio. Students can complete certificate electives in fine arts or courses in other areas of study at Parsons.
Total Courses: 8
Tuition rates are subject to change over the course of your program.
What You’ll Gain
- Mastery of the basic techniques that underpin all art and design careers
- Knowledge of methods of professional communication and personal expression
- The ability to evaluate and critique artworks in aesthetic terms
- New points of entry for understanding art and cultural history
How You’ll Learn
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their fields
- In-person collaboration in small classes
- Project-based learning focused on developing real-world skills and portfolio assets
- The ability to review course content and complete assignments at any time
Who Should Enroll
- Anyone interested in developing their fine arts talent through formal training
- Students and creative professionals who want to use drawing and painting to communicate ideas more effectively
- Art collectors and historians seeking greater understanding of imagery, materials, and technique